Can you name the four plays we’ve seen in the past three days? All have been extraordinary.
• People die in all of them, two feature grisly murders.
• Three are revivals, one a British import.
• One is playing in the same theatre where the original premiered 71 years ago.
• Two star actresses from HBO’s “Six Feet Under.”
• One is a musical but there is no orchestra—the score is played by the actors onstage.
• One was written by a playwright married to a woman who won the Best Actress Oscar two years in a row.
• One has been made into a movie with the same Broadway cast.
• Two are set in New York, two in England.
• Two feature Jewish characters.
• One ranks as one of my top theatre experiences ever.
We’re seeing two more plays today and then fly home tomorrow morning. More about this amazing city when I can catch my breath and recover from the pint of chicken fat I ingested yesterday at a popular Lower East Side eatery.